I AM HONOURED!!!

Monday, September 19, 2011

I wish I could be a child again

It happens many a times in our lives, small things or actions touch us. It happened to me many times and today I experienced it again. I went out for a walk in the evening along with a friend ( so called Adda), and saw a young boy of 6-7 years old holding his father's hand and walking along with him. This sight which is quite common and I too might have seen on many other occasions  but never it stroke my heart and mind in the same way as it did today. Suddenly, it took me to all those days when as a child I would go out with my father holding his hand trying to get every comfort and security of this world and walking along the muddy roads of the place where I grew up. Thinking of those times when every step of mine was looked after by my father so that I never fall into any sorts of trouble, I went into a deep sense of nostalgia. My throat chocked and it took some time for me to return to my self.

Perhaps the feeling has been more intense because of my staying away from my parents in a far away place. I could still remember the days when my father on any occasion or festival would take us out so, that we can enjoy and don't miss out on anything on life. I sometimes wish to get back those days away from the hassles of life, no thought of the impending troubles and so that I can be care free. I wish I could still hold my father's hand so that he maneuvers me to cross the road. I wish I could still get into his shoulders when my feet starts to pain after walking for some distance. I wish to cry with my heart out not thinking what the people around me would be thinking. I wish to be a child again to relive those days.

4 COMMENTS:

Saru Singhal said...

Straight from heart post. I think we always need our parents, they guide us and make our lives comfortable. Love the simplicity of the post.

Viyoma said...

Your post gave me goose-bumps!
Lovely!

Soumyadeep said...

@Saru: parents are a source of support for us..

@Viyoma: thanks a lot...

@Ashwini: those are the days we will alwaz treasure...

Anonymous said...

nice post dear blogger, I had visited some blog like this one but I think this will be the complete one.

Post a Comment

If this post could hit a chord in your thought process, then please share your thoughts and views...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...